Monday, July 4, 2011

Card Camp Week #2

Week Two of Summer Card Camp! I made two cards today with this week's color combination.







First, the summery colors made me think of flowers and birds, so I grabbed a couple of punches and viola! flowers and birds. I wanted to give the card a bit of texture so I ran it through my Big Shot with the Music Background Impressions Plate (PTI). In my family, you can never go wrong with music! Lately, I've been trimming a edge of the front of the card in order to add a border. I used my lacey punch here. Finally, every card needs a little bling. I recently learned that Copics will color rhinestones. Since, I'm always concerned with finding rhinestones in the correct color, this was a true revelation to me. Here I colored rhinestones green for the centers of the flowers and black for the little birdie's eye.







My second card was actually my first. I found this shiny black cardstock I bought a couple of years ago. I thought these summer colors would just pop on that black. Trouble was I couldn't stamp on the black. I tried using some glitter, but didn't care for the effect. Then I stamped with white ink thinking I could go over it later with chalks. But that ink would never dry! I ended up using the chalks, but it made the stems and flower centers kind of fuzzy. Oh well, I still like the effect. I really wasn't sure how to get a sentiment on the front of this card. Then I spotted my oval scallop punch and decided to give it a try. The green oval is on pop dots, so it stands up just a smidgen.







Hope you enjoyed my first two cards for the week. I can't wait to see what other fun is in store!






Cathy

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Cathy! I love both of your cards - the first one is my favorite, though. I like the bird and the borders you have punched! Thanks for your comment on my blog; I so appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card with the black shiny background ! The colors pop so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black is so dramatic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black glossy cardstock makes everything pop! I like the fuzzy stamens - it looks more like pollen!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete